Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring MACE '09

I presented at MACE on March 5th with long time friend and colleague, Tuanua Swartz. I was relieved to see that attendance was great with all the recent talks of budget cuts. The MACE committee did a great job setting up and hosting the technology conference. It was nice to see the expansion over into the K-State Union. Hall Davidson was the Keynote speaker. I would recommend Hall to any of you needing a keynote speaker. He shared a wide variety of applications for classroom use.

I came away with several new contacts and some new resources. I also left knowing that there are still many elementary educators wanting ideas for integrating technology into their classrooms and that I need to do a better job of sharing resources on a regular basis. Thank you to the few of you that stopped to tell me you are using my blog as a resource!

If you were unable to attend MACE, presentation handouts can be found here. Make sure you make arrangements to attend summer MACE in Wichita, Kansas. On a side note, if you are wanting to build up your podcasting resources make sure to check out the first annual podstock which will be hosted in Wichita on May 1st and 2nd. Discover more by joining this Ning community.

Tuanua
and I shared information at MACE '09 on building public learning networks and global collaboration. We used prezi and glogster as our main presentation applications. I plan on doing posts in the future on both applications. In fact, I have my third graders working on building recycling glogs.

No comments: